Suffolk Holiday Parade 2023
Suffolk Parks & Recreation is proud to host its annual Holiday Parade on Saturday, December 9, at 7pm. Find the best spot to watch the floats, equestrian units, marching bands, and festive vehicles as they stroll down West Washington Street and turn up North Main Street toward Finney Avenue.
This year’s parade theme is “Winter Wonderland” and the Grandstand will be located in front of the old SunTrust Building, at 123 North Main Street.
There will be restricted on-street parking on West Washington Street and North Main Street from 12 to 10pm on Saturday, December 9. All restricted on-street parking areas will be posted accordingly. The parade route and streets within the Lakeside community will close at 4pm for set-up. These closures will affect Southbound vehicular access at Constance Road and North Main Street to Mahan Street. North Main Street from Mahan Street to Fayette Street at Carolina Road will be closed for North and Southbound traffic. Washington Street from Commerce Street West to Military Road and Prentis Street from West Constance Road to North Main Street will be closed to all traffic. All road closures and detours will be posted and traffic control will be in place. All affected roads are expected to reopen by 9pm.
Free parking is available in the lots surrounding the event site:
• Cherry Street & Saratoga Street Lot (107 S. Saratoga St.)
• Carolina Road & Main Street Lot (144 S. Main St.)
• Commerce Street & Franklin Street (120 N. Commerce St.)
• First Baptist Church Lot (corner of Finney Avenue and N. Main Street (200 N. Main St.)
• Godwin Courts Building Lot (behind the Courts Building at 150 N. Main St.)
• Market Park (adjacent to the Seaboard Station Railroad Museum, 330 N. Main St.)
• Prentis Street Lot (201 Prentis St.)
• City Hall Parking Lot (442 W. Washington St.)
For more information about this event, contact Suffolk Parks & Recreation at 757.514.7267 or email@example.com.